Sunday 8 May 2016

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop - CASEing Dena Rekow



Hello and thank you for joining our fantastic team on our Crazy Crafters Blog Hop. This month we are have a very special guest joining us, a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from the US, Dena Rekow, from www.creativitycave.com.

In case you are not sure, CASE stands for Copy And Selectively Edit..... we take a card or project and use it to create our own. This could be the colour pallet used, the stamp set used or perhaps the sketch.

You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog - Nicole Spicer - or may have come from the person previous to me. Be sure to click on the person listed under me further down the page to continue your journey on this blog hop.

The particular card I chose to CASE today was a no-brainer! I knew I wanted to use the Botanical Builder Die as I had not used the vine die before! My other stipulation I had was a clean and simple card because I needed to make a sympathy card. I'm sure when you see Dena's amazing card, you'll understand what I mean!

Here is my card. I went with a basic colour pallet as I really wanted the flower and leaves to pop. Also this was the first time I've used that vine die so I decided to keep it pretty simple!


Here is the inside of my card. I've left it plain with just the sentiment from the stamp set. This card is for a friend who lost his wife to Mesothelioma last week so I didn't want to overdo the inside. Plus, my hubby will want lots of room to write.


So here is Dena's card. Isn't it just gorgeous!


Well I hope you have enjoyed my CASE of Dena's card. Please leave me a message if you can, I love to read what people have thought of my projects!

Here is the blog line up. Remember, you are visiting with Nicole Spicer, so please click on the person under me to continue your journey on our Blog Hop.



Before I go, I just want to wish all the Mothers out there a very big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from Australia!



Til next time,
Nicole x










9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Nicole. I like your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Nicole for such a difficult occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, great CASE and an elegant card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day Nic!! Gorgeous CASE beautiful colours - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Black and White base, really makes the colour pop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Nicole! Love the colours and that flower is special. xoxo

    ReplyDelete