Sunday 14 June 2020

Thank You card - Scrappy Strip Technique

Hi everyone!

Gee Wiz! It has been a very long time since I've posted on my blog. Time goes by so quickly.

Today I made a card for a challenge set by my friend Kylie Bertucci, based on her husband Bruno's Scrappy Strip Technique.

Here is my card I created.


I am so happy with how it turned out! In making the strips for this technique, I have actually made 6 card fronts which I'll be turning into cards very soon.

Firstly, I stamped a different leaf image on a different coloured cardstock (I did 5 different stamps and colours) with versa mark ink and clear embossed them using clear embossing powder and my heat tool. I used 5 x 14.9cm x 10.5cm pieces of cardstock (half an A4).

Then I cut each panel into strips and arranged the strips on a blank piece of Whisper White cardstock,  which measures 14.4cm x 10cm. Bruno has a video that he shows this technique in action. I'll link that HERE. I ended up trimming that down to 13.9cm x 9.5cm and matted that on another piece of whisper white 14.9cm x 10cm. This then was adhered onto a top folding card base. 

To finish my card, I cut some leaves from the co-ordinating die set in vellum cardstock and tucked them behind my sentiment. The sentiment was then stamped and die cut from the Stitched Shapes die set. I used a few basic rhinestones to bling it up a bit.

Supplies:

Stamps: Forever Fern, Peaceful Moments
Dies: Forever Flourishing, Stitched Shapes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Just Jade, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Vellum
Ink: Versamark, Memento Black ink
Other Basics: Adhesive (I used Tombo liquid glue and Tear n tape), Paper trimmer, Paper snips, Die cutting machine, Heat tool and Basic rhinestones.

If you don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like to purchase any of the above supplies, please contact me and I'd be happy to help you!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment!

Til next time,

Nicole.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I saw your amazing card on Kylie and Bruno's challenge. Your card received on of my votes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete