Monday 22 February 2016

Just Add Ink #299 - Watermelon Work of Art

Hi there! Welcome back to my blog today! My posts on here lately have been very far and few between, much to my regret. I have taken on a 4 day a week job at our local primary school, that 3 of my kids go to as well. I'm assisting in one of our Kindy classrooms and I absolutely LOVE it..... But, it takes away from all my previously free time! However, I did get to knock this card up this afternoon for a challenge called Just Add Ink. This week's challenge is an Inspiration one - where they provide a picture and you take from that what you want to create a project.

This is what I came up with!


And here is the challenge from JAI! Click on the image to go to their challenge site.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/just-add-ink-299-inspiration.html

I went looking on Google images for some ideas on a watermelon themed card. I ended up stumbling on a card made by Julia Davison. I just loved her card! I'll put a picture and link to her site in a tick! Anyway, I have based my card on Cucumber Crush and Watermelon Wonder. However, when I stamped my watermelon wedge using my Work of Art stamp set, I didn't like any other colours in my background. Then had a clash between the background cardstock and DSP and my watermelon wedge.. :-( So I tried a piece of vellum to separate the two, and ta-daa! It was perfect! :-) Candy dots in the corners disguises the glue dot I've used to adhere it to my cardstock.

The sentiment I've used is a long retired set that I haven't been able to separate from my stamps.... but you could definately use any sentiment you want!

Here is Julia's card.

http://juliedavison.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/mouthwatering-watermelon-card.html
 

Well I hope you've enjoyed my card today! I was so wrapped how it turned out. Please leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts too!

Til next time,
Nicole. 





3 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Fab take on the inspiration Nicole, your watermelon looks good enough to eat..:0) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Nicole! I love the bright wedge of watermelon and the softness the vellum brings to your background layers. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the inspiration pic, such a pretty, summery card! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete